- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: New Hampshire
Mount Washington has announced plans for a totally revamped visitor center to open in 2014. According to the press release: Mount Washington Observatory chose Jeff Kennedy Associates, Inc. of Somerville, Mass. to lead the redesign of the mountaintop museum. The … Continue reading
Mount Washington is holding a “name that train” to name the 5th 5th biodiesel locomotive on the Mount Washington Cog Rail Mount Washington Name that Train Contest. Facebook discussion
They still needed chains to get up Mount Washington over Memorial Day. Highpointers – Mount Washington this morning..
Retired Marine Sgt. Keith Zeier was among 3 people injured January 17, 2013 in an 800 foot avalanche at Tuckerman Ravine on Mount Washington. Zeier was ice climbing in a fundraising effort at the time. Two other hikers were also … Continue reading
Merry Christmas! The Mount Washington Observatory posted this fun photo!
The Mount Washington Observatory has a dramatic time lapse video of star trails on the summit.
The Mount Washington Observatory shared this view of auroras on January 22, 2011, during the big aurora outbreak this this week.
After a film maker Jonathan Doyle filmed a couple of youtube videos of a guy wearing a Big Foot costume on New Hampshire’s Monadnock the park officials refused him access to the mountain. He sued and it’s gone to the … Continue reading
Here’s a video of a David Higgin’s Subaru’s record 6 minutes and 11.54 seconds climb of Mount Washington on June 26, 2011 during the Mount Washington Hillclimb.
The Tuckerman Ravine Trail, one of the most popular hiking trails in the White Mountains, is scheduled for a temporary closure this summer. On July 18, the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) will begin a significant reconstruction project in the steep … Continue reading