- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: New Hampshire
New Hampshire is considering a Hike Safe Card where you would pay $25/year ($35/family) for a card that would indemnify you against search and rescue costs which you are legally liable for. Post by Highpointers.
In the January subzero cold snap, it’s turning out that Mount Washington summit is among the warmest places in New Hampshire. Post by Highpointers.
The Mount Washington Auto Road will open early (4:30 a.m.) on August 25 so people can watch the sunrise from the summit. Road officials advise to get there early as there’s usually a long line. How and When to View … Continue reading
Mount Washington Observatory’s biggest fundraiser Seek the Peak raised $225,000 this year. According to their website: Sponsored by Eastern Mountain Sports, Subaru and Vasque, Seek the Peak is Mount Washington Observatory’s largest fundraiser. Since the event was founded in 2001, … Continue reading
Hesser College in New Hampshire has been renamed Mount Washington College. Introducing Mount Washington College: a New Name and National Model of Online Higher Education Delivers Lower Cost, High Quality Degree Program Backed by a World Leader in Education Innovation … Continue reading
Newton’s Revenge, one of two bicycle races up Mount Washington, will be Saturday, July 6. The race follows the same course as the Mt. Washington Auto Road Bicycle Hillclimb. Newton's Revenge | A Bike Race up the Mt.Washington Auto Road.
The Mount Washington Observatory has an awesome photo of a full rainbow on the summit in between storms on June 23.
The Mount Washington Observatory has an interesting shot of a lightning strike this afternoon on the WKPQ tower.Facebook.
The Appalachian Mountain Club is celebrating the oldest mountain to mountain hut system in the United States — 125 years. The Madison Spring hut was built in the summer of 1888 between Mount Madison and Mount Adams. AMC founding member … Continue reading
The Mount Washington Road Race, a foot race, is traditionally the third Saturday in June. Registration is traditionally March 1-15. Heres’ the official site:mountwashingtonroadrace.com