- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Nevada
A 54 year old hiker who went down the wrong side of Boundary Park got stranded but called 911 which gave him directions to the trail. When they didn’t return the next day two helicopters were dispatched to find him. … Continue reading
The Las Vegas Journal Review notes there’s not a lot to do in Esmerela County home to Boundary Peak. The county has the nation’s only lithium mine. The population is 1,187 but locals say it’s less than 1,000. Things have … Continue reading
A German site (translate) reports that a move to rename Boundary Peak to “Mount Reagan” has apparently faltered after local Nevada residents opposed it. The Reagan Legacy Project is now looking for some peak around Las Vegas.
Branch Whitney has just published a book on hiking the Southwest including state highpoints.
Andy Martin at the cohp group notes the arrival of Hiking Nevada’s County High Points
The Record Courier reports Mono County searchers have located a body while looking for a missing Minden glider pilot. Geoffrey Loyns was last heard heard from in the area.
Heat was blamed for hiking fatalities in the Grand Canyon and Lake Powell
Tahoe World reports there was a light turnout for its first annual Tahoe City Trailday for Pacific Crest thru-hikers.