- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Museums
Mount Washington has announced plans for a totally revamped visitor center to open in 2014. According to the press release: Mount Washington Observatory chose Jeff Kennedy Associates, Inc. of Somerville, Mass. to lead the redesign of the mountaintop museum. The … Continue reading
An exhibit on Black Mesa including a 2,000 foot long diorama is opening at the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History in Norman, Oklahoma.
Plymouth University is planning to open the Museum of the White Mountains in 2012.
The Mount Hood Cultural Center and Museum is sponsoring a fundraiser on the historic Glade Ski Trail which is open for one day on March 9. The trail which goes from Timberline to Government was the old way to ski … Continue reading
The Mt. Hood Cultural Center & Museum in Government Camp is adding numerous exhibits on Mount Hood heritage and hopes to rebuild a model of the Mount Hood Fire Tower.
Here’s an article on Portal 31 the played out coal mine under Black Mountain that is now open to visitors. The 30-minute tour features animatronic miners who speak in broken English. It cost $2.5 million to outfit and its associated … Continue reading
The Appalachian Trail Museum Society passes along this news about its museum that is to open June 5, 2010.