- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Museums
Mount Washington has announced plans for a totally revamped visitor center to open in 2014. According to the press release: Mount Washington Observatory chose Jeff Kennedy Associates, Inc. of Somerville, Mass. to lead the redesign of the mountaintop museum. The … Continue reading
An exhibit on Black Mesa including a 2,000 foot long diorama is opening at the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History in Norman, Oklahoma.
Plymouth University is planning to open the Museum of the White Mountains in 2012.
The Mount Hood Cultural Center and Museum is sponsoring a fundraiser on the historic Glade Ski Trail which is open for one day on March 9. The trail which goes from Timberline to Government was the old way to ski … Continue reading
The Mt. Hood Cultural Center & Museum in Government Camp is adding numerous exhibits on Mount Hood heritage and hopes to rebuild a model of the Mount Hood Fire Tower.
Here’s an article on Portal 31 the played out coal mine under Black Mountain that is now open to visitors. The 30-minute tour features animatronic miners who speak in broken English. It cost $2.5 million to outfit and its associated … Continue reading
The Appalachian Trail Museum Society passes along this news about its museum that is to open June 5, 2010.