- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Movies
Atmospheric flare from a minuteman III ICBM missile from Kanoa on Vimeo. Here’s an amazing (and scarey) video captured on June 22 from the Subaru Telescope on Mauna Kea of the burst from a Minuteman missile.
Marcie Hume’s documentary on the Hood to Coast relay coast has opened.
A slab avalanche on Mount Rainier on June 5 hit 11 climbers on the Ingraham Direct Route. 10 of the climbers were rescued. The 11th climber was not registered to climb. A US Army Reserve Helicopter from Fort Lewis removed … Continue reading
In nosing around the new book on life around Harney Peak we notice a photo of the tomb of Valentine McGillycuddy on Harney Peak (actually it’s just his ashes). In 1875 he was part of a team surveying the Dakotas. … Continue reading
The news that Michael Hays was injured while glissading on his butt on scree from Knife Edge Trail by Katahdin prompting the biggest search in Baxter Park recent memory got us looking for youtube videos and amazing we couldn’t find … Continue reading
A new documentary focuses on Marshall Ulrich running 3,063 miles, from San Francisco to New York, in 52.5 days. (Frank Giannino holds the coast-to-coast speed record, running 3,103.5 miles in just over 46 days in 1980). Among Ulrich’s credits is … Continue reading
Climber Enzo Simone stars in a movie “10 Mountains 10 Years” to raise awareness for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease by climbing 10 of the world’s tallest mountains in 10 years. They’ve climbed four so far. It is directed by Jennifer. … Continue reading
Much of Brokeback Mountain is set in Riverton, Wyoming, gateway to the Wind River Range and Gannett Peak.
Sur le fil des 4000 (France), directed by Gilles Chappez, follows climbers Patrick Berhault and Philippe Magnin as they attempt to climb all 82 summits in the Alps topping 4000 metres won the top award at the Banff Festival.