- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Movies
Atmospheric flare from a minuteman III ICBM missile from Kanoa on Vimeo. Here’s an amazing (and scarey) video captured on June 22 from the Subaru Telescope on Mauna Kea of the burst from a Minuteman missile.
Marcie Hume’s documentary on the Hood to Coast relay coast has opened.
A slab avalanche on Mount Rainier on June 5 hit 11 climbers on the Ingraham Direct Route. 10 of the climbers were rescued. The 11th climber was not registered to climb. A US Army Reserve Helicopter from Fort Lewis removed … Continue reading
In nosing around the new book on life around Harney Peak we notice a photo of the tomb of Valentine McGillycuddy on Harney Peak (actually it’s just his ashes). In 1875 he was part of a team surveying the Dakotas. … Continue reading
The news that Michael Hays was injured while glissading on his butt on scree from Knife Edge Trail by Katahdin prompting the biggest search in Baxter Park recent memory got us looking for youtube videos and amazing we couldn’t find … Continue reading
A new documentary focuses on Marshall Ulrich running 3,063 miles, from San Francisco to New York, in 52.5 days. (Frank Giannino holds the coast-to-coast speed record, running 3,103.5 miles in just over 46 days in 1980). Among Ulrich’s credits is … Continue reading
Climber Enzo Simone stars in a movie “10 Mountains 10 Years” to raise awareness for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease by climbing 10 of the world’s tallest mountains in 10 years. They’ve climbed four so far. It is directed by Jennifer. … Continue reading
Much of Brokeback Mountain is set in Riverton, Wyoming, gateway to the Wind River Range and Gannett Peak.
Sur le fil des 4000 (France), directed by Gilles Chappez, follows climbers Patrick Berhault and Philippe Magnin as they attempt to climb all 82 summits in the Alps topping 4000 metres won the top award at the Banff Festival.