- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Montana
Despite a write in attempt, Granite Peak failed to make the list of Montana’s Seven Greatest Natural Wonders. The list said: 7. Missouri Breaks, 6. Giant Springs, 5. Gates of the Mountains, 4. Garden Wall in Glacier National Park, 3. … Continue reading
Brandi Roman climbed Granite on August 15 to support the fight against Parkinson’s. She was accompanied by a film crew donated by Azilect, a Parkinson’s disease medicine Roman takes.
A Montana tourist promotion on the side of Chicago L trashtalking the Chicago landscape with Montana. Among the comparisons was a comparison of Willis Tower (1,450 feet) and Granite Peak (12,799 feet). The Chicago Tribune responded with pictures of Chicago … Continue reading
Amos R. Little, who did the 24th documented ascent of Granite Peak (in 1958), died on June 22 at age of 91. In 1944 he parachuted onto the 11,000 foot level of Crown Peak in Colorado to rescue victims of … Continue reading
The Billings Gazette on August 4, 2007 had an article on the 50 for Tibet program.
Backcountry accident reports on the wires on February 16, 2006.
Backcountry accident reports through February 14, 2006.
Helenair reports a female grizzly that attacked and injured two California hikers in August in Glacier National Park will be spared because authorities believe she reacted to a perceived threat to her two cubs.
The Billings Gazette reports Mountain 10,031 in the Gallatin Range has been named Alex Lowe Peak who died in a 1999 avalanche.
The Billings Gazette reports the body of a hiker climbing Granite was found in a canyon about 3 miles from Mystic Lake.