- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Montana
Brandi Roman climbed Granite on August 15 to support the fight against Parkinson’s. She was accompanied by a film crew donated by Azilect, a Parkinson’s disease medicine Roman takes.
A Montana tourist promotion on the side of Chicago L trashtalking the Chicago landscape with Montana. Among the comparisons was a comparison of Willis Tower (1,450 feet) and Granite Peak (12,799 feet). The Chicago Tribune responded with pictures of Chicago … Continue reading
Amos R. Little, who did the 24th documented ascent of Granite Peak (in 1958), died on June 22 at age of 91. In 1944 he parachuted onto the 11,000 foot level of Crown Peak in Colorado to rescue victims of … Continue reading
The Billings Gazette on August 4, 2007 had an article on the 50 for Tibet program.
Backcountry accident reports on the wires on February 16, 2006.
Backcountry accident reports through February 14, 2006.
Helenair reports a female grizzly that attacked and injured two California hikers in August in Glacier National Park will be spared because authorities believe she reacted to a perceived threat to her two cubs.
The Billings Gazette reports Mountain 10,031 in the Gallatin Range has been named Alex Lowe Peak who died in a 1999 avalanche.
The Billings Gazette reports the body of a hiker climbing Granite was found in a canyon about 3 miles from Mystic Lake.
The Billings Gazette interviewed 73-year-old Harrison Fagg who has summited Granite Peak 7 times and had 12 other unsuccessful attempts (and has climbed all Montana peaks above 12,000 feet.