- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Missouri
I have posted a Google Earth tour of the Taum Sauk reservoir showing how the wall of water actually went upstream of the Ameren complex.
Unusual color in Black River Originally uploaded by Burningbird. Missouri reports that efforts to make the Black River clear again following the December 14 Taum Sauk disaster apparently have failed The Park City Daily Tribune quoted Randy Crawford, of the … Continue reading
A Baby’s Socks Originally uploaded by Burningbird. Burningbird at Flickr has a gallery of photos that show the human consequences of the Taum Sauk reservoir disaster. At the risk sensationalizing the heartache of Taum Sauk superintendent Jerry Toop whose family … Continue reading
Missouri is mulling the possibilities of a Taum Sauk Disaster Museum similar to the Times Beach Dioxin Museum in St. Louis County.
Cooling Tower 12.2.2005 Originally uploaded by 10thAvenue Environmental groups are concerned that Ameren is going to use the Taum Sauk disaster as an excuse to build Missouri’s second nuclear power plant at its Callaway County site or perhaps will resurrect … Continue reading
Ameren, which survived the bad press following the Taum Sauk disaster, is now talking bankruptcy sending its stock into a nose dive.
Nearly two months after Ameren nearly killed Taum Sauk superintent Jerry Troop and his family and young children in a 12-minute tsunami nightmare that washed them out of their home in the wee hours of the morning the utility has … Continue reading
Ameren is making much of its 500,000 gallon floculation treatment of the lower Taum Sauk reservoir to settle debris from the December 14 collapse that unleashed a billion gallon 12 minute Missouri tsunami on the normaly placid Black River.
The FBI has been called in to investigate whether sabotage of Ameren’s computer’s caused the Dec. 14 Taum Sauk reservoir collapse. On Ameren’s Taum Sauk website is this note: The Missouri State Highway PatrolÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Division of Drug and Crime Control … Continue reading