- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Missouri
Ameren has settled with Taum Sauk Supt. Jerry Toop whose family was washed away in the Dec. 14 collapse of the Taum Sauk Reservoir.
I have posted a Google Earth tour of the Taum Sauk reservoir showing how the wall of water actually went upstream of the Ameren complex.
Unusual color in Black River Originally uploaded by Burningbird. Missouri reports that efforts to make the Black River clear again following the December 14 Taum Sauk disaster apparently have failed The Park City Daily Tribune quoted Randy Crawford, of the … Continue reading
A Baby’s Socks Originally uploaded by Burningbird. Burningbird at Flickr has a gallery of photos that show the human consequences of the Taum Sauk reservoir disaster. At the risk sensationalizing the heartache of Taum Sauk superintendent Jerry Toop whose family … Continue reading
Missouri is mulling the possibilities of a Taum Sauk Disaster Museum similar to the Times Beach Dioxin Museum in St. Louis County.
Cooling Tower 12.2.2005 Originally uploaded by 10thAvenue Environmental groups are concerned that Ameren is going to use the Taum Sauk disaster as an excuse to build Missouri’s second nuclear power plant at its Callaway County site or perhaps will resurrect … Continue reading
Ameren, which survived the bad press following the Taum Sauk disaster, is now talking bankruptcy sending its stock into a nose dive.
Nearly two months after Ameren nearly killed Taum Sauk superintent Jerry Troop and his family and young children in a 12-minute tsunami nightmare that washed them out of their home in the wee hours of the morning the utility has … Continue reading
Ameren is making much of its 500,000 gallon floculation treatment of the lower Taum Sauk reservoir to settle debris from the December 14 collapse that unleashed a billion gallon 12 minute Missouri tsunami on the normaly placid Black River.
The FBI has been called in to investigate whether sabotage of Ameren’s computer’s caused the Dec. 14 Taum Sauk reservoir collapse. On Ameren’s Taum Sauk website is this note: The Missouri State Highway PatrolÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Division of Drug and Crime Control … Continue reading