- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Missouri
Various reports that Ameren has received permission to rebuild the Taum Sauk Reservoir.
Following are recent headlines from the Taum Sauk disaster:
Missouri residents are upset with revelations that state attorney general Jay Nixon accepted donations from Ameren even as he investigated the company’s position in the Taum Sauk Disaster.
Missouri plans a Memorial Day reopening of Johnson Shut Ins that was heavily damaged in the Taum Sauk Reservoir in December.
Backcountry Accidents in Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah
Here’s the May 13, 2006 round up of backcountry accidents Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah.
Ameren is predicting it will cost $73 million to repair the damage and settle liability issues arising from the December 2005 collapse of the Taum Sauk reservoir.
The news continues to be bad for Ameren as reports come out: repairs to known problems were delayed so staff could get bonuses, faulty materials were used. Meanwhile Gov. Blunt is suggesting Ameren extend the KATY bicycle trail on rail … Continue reading
John Doeden is living the high lifeSeeks to climb to highest points in Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ Elkhart Truth – Elkhart,IN,USA Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ end. He is especially pleased to have reached Idaho’s Borah Peak , which at an elevation gain of 5,500 feet is … Continue reading
Ameren has set up a web site promoting the Black River at experienceblackriver.com
Ameren has settled with Taum Sauk Supt. Jerry Toop whose family was washed away in the Dec. 14 collapse of the Taum Sauk Reservoir.