- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Maine
Trust for Public Land has closed on a $14 million expansion of 6,000 acres of Baxter State Park.
Interim Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell, of Milo has been promoted to replace Buzz Caverly at the park.
Relatives of Percival Baxter who donated Maine’s highest point are complaining they are not being consulted on the replacement of Buzz Caverly as director.
Boston.com reports Steven Mazerolle, 52, of China, broke his leg while climbing a steep snow and ice covered portion of the Appalachian Trail on Mount Cranberry in was with two others on Saturday when he fell on ice- and snow-covered … Continue reading
I’ve been a bit under the weather for the past month or so but am now getting caught up. Here’s some additional storm info and the big snows that occurred when Wilma going up the coast from Florida slammed into … Continue reading
Baxter State Park Director Buzz Caverly plans to retire July 1 according to the Bangor News.
Maine Today reports Abol Trail will be the only accessible trail for Katahin on Memorial because the late spring.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
Mountainclimb.com has great collection of pewter benchmarks of highpoints.