- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Maine
Baxter State Park reports on May 25: Hunt Trail and Abol Trail are open in their entirety. All other Katahdin Trails remain closed at this time. Traveler Trails are open. Expect to find numerous blow downs on all hiking trails … Continue reading
Times Union has this article on the best outdoor books. Included in the list is the 1992 book by twelve-year-old Donn Fendler who in the 1920s got lost on Katahdin for several days. It is considered an important children’s book.
Baxter State Park ranger Andrew Vietze has a book Becoming Teddy Roosevelt: How a Maine Guide Inspired America’s 26th President about how Maine guide William Wingate Sewall helped shape Theodore Roosevelt from a clumsy boy “wearing big spectacles and weighing … Continue reading
The Guardian in an article by nude hiker Hank Wangford reports that Nepal is moving to ban nude summiting Everest after a climber stripped on the summit in 2006.
The governors of Maine and New Brunswick, Canada, have agreed to climb each other’s highpoints in 2008 according to Mainteoday.
Boston.com reports a lightning strike killed 24-year-old Evans Huber of Peak’s Island at the Katahdin Stream campground on August 26 and hurt his brother 18-year-old Emmett Huber.
Perhaps you never thought of it, but the nickname for Katahdin is “Kate.” At least that’s the nickname for a boat according to the Press Herald.
Governor makes it to summit of Katahdin MaineToday.com, ME – Jul 13, 2007 John Baldacci and some members of his climbing party pause Wednesday along Mount Katahdin’s Saddle Trail. From left are Jack Baldacci, the governor’s son, …
Maintoday has an amusing article Harry Vanderweide a rotound character who is frequently evoked in various Maine battles.
The Katahdin Lake acquisition at Baxter State Park which had aggravated locals but thrilled park goers has been signed into law.