- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Iowa
A new barn quilt has been added to Hawkeye Point.
Troy Bacon has posted this nice photo from the 2006 Summit for Heros/Cops on Top expedition that is commemorated with a monument on Hawkeye Point.
Iowa officials are trying to figure out who is placing the phrase “LK” in white rocks on the summit of Ocheyedan Mound (Ocheyedan was long considered the state’s highpoint until Hawkeye Point took it over).
Plans are moving forward for a campground/museum at Hawkeye Point. The Highpointers Club Foundation has donated $4,000 outright and individuals can get their name onthe Wall of Recognition by donating $50.
An exhibit about the FFA efforts on Hawkeye Point resulted in the Sibley-Ocheyedan FFA Chapter placing fourth in the chapter display contest at the State FFA Leadership Conference at Des Moines. Contestants Patrick Alexander, Carson Gradert and Caleb Hartwig constructed … Continue reading
The Osceola county agricultural extension office which has occupied the Sterler residence for 18 months on Hawkeye Point in Iowa is moving June 30 to downtown Sibley. Kent Rusche and Dan Breuker, of the extension council “fiscal considerations and programming … Continue reading
The AgriNews passes along this note about a campground at Hawkeye Point. Kaitlin Michelson, a Sibley-Ocheyedan FFA member, said her chapter has developed Hawkeye Point, the state’s highest natural elevation, as a tourist destination for a community service project. The … Continue reading
Al Batt at The Bluff County Reader in Minnesota has this amusing observation about Hawkeye Point: I told my wife that I had driven down to Hawkeye Point, north of Sibley in Osceola County, the highest point in Iowa. It … Continue reading
WF Courier reports 11-year-old Kyle fell 60 feet while climbing a cliff at Backbone State Park.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.