- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Iowa
A new barn quilt has been added to Hawkeye Point.
Troy Bacon has posted this nice photo from the 2006 Summit for Heros/Cops on Top expedition that is commemorated with a monument on Hawkeye Point.
Iowa officials are trying to figure out who is placing the phrase “LK” in white rocks on the summit of Ocheyedan Mound (Ocheyedan was long considered the state’s highpoint until Hawkeye Point took it over).
Plans are moving forward for a campground/museum at Hawkeye Point. The Highpointers Club Foundation has donated $4,000 outright and individuals can get their name onthe Wall of Recognition by donating $50.
An exhibit about the FFA efforts on Hawkeye Point resulted in the Sibley-Ocheyedan FFA Chapter placing fourth in the chapter display contest at the State FFA Leadership Conference at Des Moines. Contestants Patrick Alexander, Carson Gradert and Caleb Hartwig constructed … Continue reading
The Osceola county agricultural extension office which has occupied the Sterler residence for 18 months on Hawkeye Point in Iowa is moving June 30 to downtown Sibley. Kent Rusche and Dan Breuker, of the extension council “fiscal considerations and programming … Continue reading
The AgriNews passes along this note about a campground at Hawkeye Point. Kaitlin Michelson, a Sibley-Ocheyedan FFA member, said her chapter has developed Hawkeye Point, the state’s highest natural elevation, as a tourist destination for a community service project. The … Continue reading
Al Batt at The Bluff County Reader in Minnesota has this amusing observation about Hawkeye Point: I told my wife that I had driven down to Hawkeye Point, north of Sibley in Osceola County, the highest point in Iowa. It … Continue reading
WF Courier reports 11-year-old Kyle fell 60 feet while climbing a cliff at Backbone State Park.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.