- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Idaho
50states.com has great information summarizing each state.
Summitpost has an enormous Borah page with pictures, trip reports and summit log.
Richard Carey at peakbagging.com has put together a very useful list of summit benchmark information as well as the official U.S. Government datasheets on the history of the benchmark.
Borah was rocked at 8:06 a.m., Friday, Oct. 28, 1983 by 7.0 quake. While there has been debate about exactly powerful or important quake was (initial reports had always called it a 7.3 quake), the single most dramatic event associated … Continue reading
Dan Robbins at Idaho Summits has a spectacular Borah with lots of photos and detailed info as well as a message board and list of Idaho Twelvers.
The official site for Borah is the Lost River Ranger District of Salmon-Challis National Forest.
The Lost River Ranger District promises reasonably recent photos by John and Melissa Fowler. Does it look steep?
Dan Robbins Idaho Outdoors Forum is a great resource for Borah. His Idaho Outdoors Forum was inspired by the americasroof forum and is very active.
Post your trip reports here.
The Boise Weekly reports Idaho has received its first application in more than 10 years for a new cyanidation gold mining facility. Desert Mineral MiningÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s proposed small facility is located a 15-mile crowÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s flight from downtown Boise off of Blacks … Continue reading