- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Highpoint (States) News
The landmark Mount Washington Resort at Bretton Woods has been sold.
Mount Hood hero Richard Kohnstamm died at 90.
The Blue Ridge Parkway north of Mount Mitchell which had been closed because a landslide from a 2004 hurricane in finally open.
The new $33 Million lodge at Mount Magazine is open! Here’s a rundown of stories:
John Doeden is living the high lifeSeeks to climb to highest points in Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ Elkhart Truth – Elkhart,IN,USA Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ end. He is especially pleased to have reached Idaho’s Borah Peak , which at an elevation gain of 5,500 feet is … Continue reading
This ebay auction was highlighted on Jay Leno on Feb. 28. There were 15 bids and the winning bid of $51 means that the winner (bil15218) will get his initials peed at 51 feet on McKinley.
Here’s coverage of the 2006 Mount Mitchell Marathon which takes place on the last weekend of each February.
Ameren has settled with Taum Sauk Supt. Jerry Toop whose family was washed away in the Dec. 14 collapse of the Taum Sauk Reservoir.
Authorities say somebody on Valentines Day apparently dismantled the Mauna Kea summit alter with a machete.
The new $33 million lodge on Mount Magazine is the fifth largest ongoing construction project in Arkansas and the the state park system’s biggest project ever.