- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Highpoint (States) News
Officials are concerned after seven people have died in seven on an eight mile stretch of US 26 on Mount Hood.
A rock slide has closed portions of Rainier Cayuse Pass highway until June.
Climbing season has started on McKinley. The Anchorage Daily News has an interesting article on the hazardous West Rib Route in its coverage.
The Washington State quarter will have a design that features Mount Rainier.
Jeremy Buck survived a 300 foot fall down Reid Glacier on Mount Hood.
Ameren is predicting it will cost $73 million to repair the damage and settle liability issues arising from the December 2005 collapse of the Taum Sauk reservoir.
Charlie Borgh, a former climbing ranger at Mount Rainier, died in an avalanche in the Canadian Rockies.
The Katahdin Lake acquisition at Baxter State Park which had aggravated locals but thrilled park goers has been signed into law.
The news continues to be bad for Ameren as reports come out: repairs to known problems were delayed so staff could get bonuses, faulty materials were used. Meanwhile Gov. Blunt is suggesting Ameren extend the KATY bicycle trail on rail … Continue reading
There was a strong race up Brasstown Bald as part of the Tour de Georgia race.