- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Highpoint (States) News
Officials are concerned after seven people have died in seven on an eight mile stretch of US 26 on Mount Hood.
A rock slide has closed portions of Rainier Cayuse Pass highway until June.
Climbing season has started on McKinley. The Anchorage Daily News has an interesting article on the hazardous West Rib Route in its coverage.
The Washington State quarter will have a design that features Mount Rainier.
Jeremy Buck survived a 300 foot fall down Reid Glacier on Mount Hood.
Ameren is predicting it will cost $73 million to repair the damage and settle liability issues arising from the December 2005 collapse of the Taum Sauk reservoir.
Charlie Borgh, a former climbing ranger at Mount Rainier, died in an avalanche in the Canadian Rockies.
The Katahdin Lake acquisition at Baxter State Park which had aggravated locals but thrilled park goers has been signed into law.
The news continues to be bad for Ameren as reports come out: repairs to known problems were delayed so staff could get bonuses, faulty materials were used. Meanwhile Gov. Blunt is suggesting Ameren extend the KATY bicycle trail on rail … Continue reading
There was a strong race up Brasstown Bald as part of the Tour de Georgia race.