- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Highpoint News (world)
Various reports indicate five people died in recent accidents in the Alps including 3 fatalities on Mont Blanc and Eiger.
KVIPost reports three people died while climbing Ukraine’s highest point Hoverla to celebrate the 15th anniversary of this ex-Soviet republic’s declaration of sovereignty.
K2Climb.net has an article on dfficulties with climbing in Pakistan including outlandish charges for rescues and blackmailing in order to get permits.
The Anchorage Daily News reports that a record 1,333 attempted McKinley in 2005.
Xinhuanet reports Austrians Peter Gruber and Thomas Brunauer claim to have a round Kilimanjaro record of 9 hours and 50 minutes.
The Guardian reports Sean Burch from Washington State climbed Kilimanjaro from Gate to summit in a record 5 hours 28 minutes and 58 seconds.
The BBC reports Tanzania is upset that Kenya told tourist operators Kilimanjaro is in Kenya.
CBC reports Jessica Aulik who at 17 was the youngest to climb Canada’s Mount Logan was killed in an avalanche on the east ridge during a climb on May 31.
The Daily Record and other sources report Robert Milne collapsed on Everest 1,300 feet from completing the 7 summits.