- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Highpoint News (world)
Conservationist cleaning Ben Nevis were astonished to discover a piano near the summit.
Highlights thus far in the Everest 2006 season: the climb by a Playboy bunny, a double amputee, the oldest summiter (70), and the 16th climb by a sherpa.
Christian Stangel claims to have climbed Elbrus in a record 5 hours 18 minutes.
Eleven climbers are reported to have been killed on Elbrus. Seven of the bodies have been recovered.
Gau Ming-Ho a climber depicted as a slow selfish climber that led to the problems highlighted in Jon Krakauer’s “Into Thin Air”, has launched a documentary refuting the claims and saying the problems lie with the corruption of the guide … Continue reading
THREE hikers froze to death climbing a mountain after ignoring a … Glasgow Daily Record – Glasgow,Scotland,UK The Brits became trapped in a -19C snowstorm on the highest peak in mainland Spain. As the three dug into a snow shelter … Continue reading
Backcountry Accident Reports at February 24, 2006
Here’s an amusing (tongue in cheek) tale of 85-year-old Mary Woodbridge to climb Everest with her dachsund Daisy.