- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Highpoint News (world)
Conservationist cleaning Ben Nevis were astonished to discover a piano near the summit.
Highlights thus far in the Everest 2006 season: the climb by a Playboy bunny, a double amputee, the oldest summiter (70), and the 16th climb by a sherpa.
Christian Stangel claims to have climbed Elbrus in a record 5 hours 18 minutes.
Eleven climbers are reported to have been killed on Elbrus. Seven of the bodies have been recovered.
Gau Ming-Ho a climber depicted as a slow selfish climber that led to the problems highlighted in Jon Krakauer’s “Into Thin Air”, has launched a documentary refuting the claims and saying the problems lie with the corruption of the guide … Continue reading
THREE hikers froze to death climbing a mountain after ignoring a … Glasgow Daily Record – Glasgow,Scotland,UK The Brits became trapped in a -19C snowstorm on the highest peak in mainland Spain. As the three dug into a snow shelter … Continue reading
Backcountry Accident Reports at February 24, 2006
Here’s an amusing (tongue in cheek) tale of 85-year-old Mary Woodbridge to climb Everest with her dachsund Daisy.