- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Highpoint Events
The Mount Washington Road Race, a foot race, is traditionally the third Saturday in June. Registration is traditionally March 1-15. Heres’ the official site:mountwashingtonroadrace.com
The annual Seek the Peek fundraiser to benefit the Mount Washington Observatory is traditionally the fourth weekend in July.
The Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival is traditionally held the fourth week of June.
The Tri Peaks Bicycling Challenge is the third week of May and is sanctioned by USA Cycling Association.
The biggest single event on the Appalachian Trail is Trail Days traditionally held the third weekend of May in Damascus.
The New York Department of Environmental Conseravaiton each May and June asks for a voluntary ban on hiking Marcy and hiking other High Peaks in the Adirondacks to prevent damaging soggy trails from snow melt.
The Assault on Mount Mitchell Bicycle Race is held traditionally the third week in May. In 2005 it is on May 20. It is sponsored by The Freewheelers of Spartenberg, SC.
The Black Mountain Marathon up Mount Mitchell for 2005 will be February 26. The race begins at dawn in Black Mountain and follows trails to 6,684′ summit of Mount Mitchell then return to the start/finish area! With a starting altitude … Continue reading
Various sources report the Brasstown Leg of the Tour De Georgia was named the best day race by VeloNews Magazine. Lance Armstrong competed in 2004 but will not compete in 2005. The race is April 19-24. The 115 mile Brasstown … Continue reading