- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Helicopter Rescues
Canada.Com reports a climber broke both legs when a ledge gave way while he was climbing Mount Yamnuska in Alberta.
The Pasadena Star News reports a hiker stranded in a tree during a landslide in Easton Canyon was airlifted out after calling 911 with his cell phone.
The Herald reports Sean Egan, 63, of Ottawa had a heart attack while leading an Everest expedition in hopes of becoming the oldest Canadian to climb the mountain.
Arizona Central reports hypothermia is suspected as reason two Brigham Young University students attempt to swim Choprock Canyon and wound up drown at the Egypt Trailhead in the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
Wisinfo reports an unsecured Wisconsin climber was airlifted after falling 15 to 20 feet at High Cliff State Park. She was treated and released at the hospital.
The DenverChannel reports a Channel 7 helicopter plucked 42-year-old hiker from Littleton, Colo., off 14,060 foot Mount Bierstadt. Wendy Dean had gotten caught in white out conditions and a search was in progress. Dean said she became disoriented in the … Continue reading
WXII reports two hikers are being treated for hypothermia and dehydration at a Bristol, TN, hospital after being caught in a snow storm in Grayson Highlands State Park. Temperatures were in the 60s on Sunday but dropped to 0 windchill … Continue reading