- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Helicopter Rescues
There have been 4 recent helicopter rescues on Denali: *Solo climber Luc Benoit fell 1,000 feet while climbing the West Rib *Guide climber suffering high altitude pulmonary edema at the 17,200-foot camp *A climber suffering from altitude illness at 14,200 … Continue reading
Rangers rescued a man and woman from Quebec on Monday, April 26 after they fell 50 meteres after they had raveled over the Muir Snowfield and between Muir Rock Anvil Rock on Mount Rainier. After being pulled from the crevasse … Continue reading
Backcountry Accidents: Helicopter Rescue of Dog and Hikers in California, AT Accident in Maryland, Fatal Fall in Illinois
Here’s a round up of backcountry accidents in California, Maryland and Illinois.
Tucson hiker fell 30 feet at Seven Falls on Monday, requiring a dramatic, four-hour helicopter rescue.
Boston.com reports Steven Mazerolle, 52, of China, broke his leg while climbing a steep snow and ice covered portion of the Appalachian Trail on Mount Cranberry in was with two others on Saturday when he fell on ice- and snow-covered … Continue reading
KVOA reports Walthand Mooseman fell 25 feet while climbing Mount Lemmon near Windy Point in Arizona.
Prague Monitor reports winter climbers in the Czech Republic can pay $52 to guarantee helicopter rescues.
WQAD reports Anthony Brandon, of Dubuque was airlifted on Grand Teton after falling 65 feet.
KING5 reports the Oregon National Guard airlifted two hikers off of Emmons Glacier on Rainier.
The Statesman-Journal reports a helicopter rescued Joan Ding near the summit of Mout Washington, Oregon, after she fel 15 feet breaking her leg and finger.