- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Helicopter Rescues
Here’s a story about the helicopters that landed army personnel on the Whitney trail after a flash flood stranded 60 hikers on July 29. The hikers and army personnel eventually were able to hike out (although there was one hypothermia … Continue reading
A Eurocopter AS350 B3 was involved in one of the highest-altitude rescues on record in May when it rescued an injured climber off Alaska’s Mount McKinley just below the summit at 19,833 feet.
Three helicopter rescues involved 37-year-old Zeljko Dulic of Serbia at 19,300 airlifted off the mountain in the “screamer suit” (line attached to helicopter), 22-year-old Sho Tamagawa of Japan (rescued same time as Dulc) and 20-year-old Masaaki Kobayasi of Japan who … Continue reading
A man who broke his leg while descending Mount McKinley was rescued in what is tied to be the highest rescue on Mount McKinley.
A snowboarder disoriented on Mount Hood had to be rescued by helicopter.
Sean McCarthy, 17, was airlifted off Mount Washington after he fell about two-thirds of the way up the headwall on Huntington Ravine.
Lucio Barajas was airlifted off Mount Hood after breaking his leg on July 26.
Dan Frye, a member of WLBZ-TV fell 10-12 feet off the Knife Edge on Katahdin and was airlifted off the mountain by the Maine Army National Guard Blackhawk medivac helicopter from the 126th National Guard Medivac Unit on July 15
Two Fort Wainwright army helicopters were called to rescue a mountaineer on a guided Denali Climber who was acting “eratically.” The Park Service helicopter normally used in rescues was deemed unsafe for such a situation. The Park Service reported they … Continue reading
A slab avalanche on Mount Rainier on June 5 hit 11 climbers on the Ingraham Direct Route. 10 of the climbers were rescued. The 11th climber was not registered to climb. A US Army Reserve Helicopter from Fort Lewis removed … Continue reading