- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Hawaii
Hawaiichannel reports T-Mobile workers using the GPS coordinates of a phone organized a rescue of a mssing hiker in the Nu’uanu mountains.
NASA has approved the construction of six new small telescopes as part of the Outrigger Observatory on Mauna Kea.
Various publications report the Gemini Telescope is associated with the discovery of the Solar System’s 10th planet now dubbed Xena.
Earth Times reports Gilbert Dewey Gaedcke was rescued after five days on a Hawaii lava field when a teenager spotted him from a tour helicopter.
Nature reports an astronomer on Mauna Kea has discovered Planet HD 188753 Ab which has three sunsets.
Spatial News reports the USGS has issued it first list of 169 U.S. volcanoes that need to be monitored through its National Volcano Early Warning System (NVEWS) .
Students Occupy University of Hawaii President's Office to Protest Secret Navy Installation on Mauna Kea
KHON reports the University of Hawaii’s President’s Office in Bachman Hall has been occupied by first time since 1969 by protesting students — who object to the university’s connections to the Navy which they say include classified facilities on Mauna … Continue reading
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (HI) Shorthaul Rescue of Dehydrated Hiker The park received a cell phone call via 911 reporting an unconscious girl on the switchbacks on the backcountry Kaaha trail below the Hilina Pali Road around 5:30 p.m. on … Continue reading
The Honlulu Advertiser reports the Hawaii Board of Land and Natural Resources handed a $2,500 maximum fine to Magnum Tickets & Tours for repeatedly taking customers to the Manoa Falls Trail without permits. The organization notes that your operators bring … Continue reading