- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Hawaii
Hawaii is planning to eradicate the famed coqui frog from the island.
Backcountry Accident Reports at February 24, 2006
Authorities say somebody on Valentines Day apparently dismantled the Mauna Kea summit alter with a machete.
NASA has cancelled funding plans for the controversial Outrigger telescope on top of Mauna Kea.
Mauna Kea is being shut down nearly a week because of snow.
A battered prayer card led rescuers to find a woman who fell into a ravine on the Hauula hiking trail in Hawaii and was lost five days according to the Hawaii Channel.
A Canadian company is seeking to build the world’s largest telescope — the size of a football field — on Mauna Kea.
The AP reports a company says the volcanic ash between Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa resembles that of Mars and wants to sell it to NASA for training.
Hawaiichannel reports T-Mobile workers using the GPS coordinates of a phone organized a rescue of a mssing hiker in the Nu’uanu mountains.