- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Hawaii
The Gemini Telescope on Mauna Kea is the first land based telescope to photograph a planet outside the solar system.
Hawaii has closed portions of the Mauna Kea Forest Reserve and the Kaohe Game Management Area through August 31 because of drought. This is in wake of the National Weather Service announcement that the October 2009 to April 2010 Hawaiian … Continue reading
The $1/year state lease to the University of Hawaii for the telescopes atop Mauna Kea is stirring some controversy as plans are moving forward for the new billion 30-metre telescope and the State of Hawaii is facing budget deficits. Here’s … Continue reading
Ground hasn’t even been broken on Mauna Kea for the new 30 Metre Telescope which is scheduled to become operational in 2018 and was billed as the world’s largest telescope. Now comes plans the 42-metre European Extremely Large Telescope (E-ELT) … Continue reading
The Mauna Kea Management Board has recommended approval of the enivronmental impact statement for the Thirty Meter Telescope which would be the world’s largest and most advanced observatory if it is built. If the approval is achieved construction would begin … Continue reading
The Honoluluadvertiser reports that a third of the feral cats on the Mauna Kea west slope between 6,500 to 9,000 have toxoplasmosis, a protozoan parasite.
Largest telescope starts gazing Guardian Unlimited, UK – Jul 12, 2007 A powerful array of 36 separate mirrors form a single mirror that is 10.4 metres (34ft) wide, 4% larger than the Keck telescopes at Mauna Kea, Hawaii. …
Backcountry Accidents in Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah
Here’s the May 13, 2006 round up of backcountry accidents Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah.
Hawaii is planning to eradicate the famed coqui frog from the island.
Backcountry Accident Reports at February 24, 2006