- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: GPS
The Sacramento Bee has an article on casualties caused by people trusting their GPS too much. In particular the article focuses on Death Valley where some units send cars down jeep trails.
Here’s an amusing tale of the pitfalls of commercial GPS — specifically for people looking for the headquarters of the Baxter State Park. The units try to send them to Katahdin summit!
GPS Satellite 2F-1, the first of the new generation, of GPS satellites launched May 28 after several delays after the program was announced in 1996. The 2F is designed to replace to Block 2A satellites which were launched 1990 and … Continue reading
They have GPS in everything else today. Why not shoes thanks to a partnership of GTX Corp (OTCBB: GTXO), a leader in customizable, embedded 2-way GPS Personal Location Services (PLS) solutions, moves one step closer to bringing personal GPS tracking … Continue reading
The Windsor Tribune reports a woman was rescued in Poudre Canyon after a dispatcher used GPS directions to locate her.
Hawaiichannel reports T-Mobile workers using the GPS coordinates of a phone organized a rescue of a mssing hiker in the Nu’uanu mountains.
If you really, really, really want to prove you visited a highpoint, Ricoh has come out with the Ricoh Pro G3 GPS Camera which records your coordinates and elevation with your shot. It’s a little pricey for a 3.2 megapixel, … Continue reading