- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Georgia
New Hampshire, Maine, Virginia and Georgia are considering corporate sponsorships of state parks. This could include corporate names on uniforms. Some state parks in Virginia already have corporate sponsored trail direction kiosks.
Georgia Reopens Georgia Route 348 Richard B. Russell Scenic Highway (scenic route to Brasstown Bald)
Georgia has reopened the scenic route to Brasstown Bald. The route was temporarily closed in March It is one of the highest roads in the state which hits 3,800 feet at Hogpen Gap. It did not directly affect access to … Continue reading
Top of Georgia Corvette Show Helps SAFE Union Sentinel, GA – Jul 19, 2007 The Annual ‘Top of Georgia’ All Corvette Show at Brasstown Bald Mountain resulted in a parking lot full of beautiful vehicles and a healthy donation for … Continue reading
There was a strong race up Brasstown Bald as part of the Tour de Georgia race.
The National Forest has cut its ties with the Chattahoochee Oconee Forest Interpretive Association which staffs the gift shop at Brasstown Bald with volunteers
Ken Gauger has released a series of very detailed images identifying the mountain peaks from Mount Mitchell, Clingmans and Brasstown Bald.
I’ve been a bit under the weather for the past month or so but am now getting caught up. Here’s some additional storm info and the big snows that occurred when Wilma going up the coast from Florida slammed into … Continue reading
Lance Armstrong Pessimistic About Tour de France Chances After 3rd Place Snowy Brasstown Bald Showing
The AP reports Lance Armstrong finished third on a snowy Brasstown Bald leg in the Tour de Georgia and he is believed to have told associates that he’s not strong enough now to repeat as Tour de Georgia or Tour … Continue reading
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.
County Highpoints is the defacto website and forum for highpointers. Once you visit the 50 states, you’ve caught the bug and next logical spot are the 3,500+ county highpoints.