- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: General
Helenair reports a female grizzly that attacked and injured two California hikers in August in Glacier National Park will be spared because authorities believe she reacted to a perceived threat to her two cubs.
KOIN reports Curtis Charles Meister fell 100-150 feet to his death on Goat Mountain, outside Estacada, Oregon. The friends said they were all hiking when Meister said he wanted to climb down the cliff. He lost his grip and fell … Continue reading
Outlook India reports 18 climbers including seven French nationals were killed in an avalanche on 6981m Mount Kangru in north-west district of Manang in Nepal.
The Ironwood Daily reports Joseph Westbrook died after falling 150 feet from the Lake of the Clouds Escarpment in Michigan’s Porcupine Mountains. He had been reported missing on Oct. 4 but was found on Oct. 23.
Ted Keizer is seeking Duofold Hike 50 challenge, trekking 50 kilometers (about 31 miles) in 50 states within 100 days
The Globe and Mail reports a grizzly with a sow attacked hikers on a trail in Banff.
The discovery of a leather boot and body on Nanga Parbat has only deepened the controvery whether climbing legend Reinhold Messner abandoned his 24-year-old brother Gunther 30 years ago.
Sify reports six soldiers from India were swept away in an avalanche on 7,163 metre high Chaukhamba.
Sootoday reports Victor Rossokhaty was killed by a lightning strike on their tent at Topaz Lake on the La Cloche Silhouette Trail in the Killarney Provincial Park in Canada.
Mosnews reports four are feared to have died in an avalanche on 14,800-foot Mount Belukha in southern Russia