- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: General
Here’s the last 10 comments posted on this news section.
Climbers have discovered the skeletel remains of a hiker belived lost on Mount Cook in the 1980s.
MSNBC has an excellent article on insurance options for climbers.
The Mountaineers are planning to teach climbers to evaluate whether it is safer to wait for help.
Austin is considering a $500 fine for hiker who jumped the fence on Mount Bonnell and had to be rescued by helicopter.
A judge has thrown out the lawsuit that Yosemite was responsible for a fatal rock slide. Below is the original September 14, 2005, post: Superclimb reports climbers fear a $20 million wrongful death suit against Yosemite will end the sport … Continue reading
Geologists in reviewing a 3D Cat scan of Rainier have upgraded the earthquake possibilites on fault Ohanapecosh.
The Mirror reports Chris Baybutt, 46, was killed in an avalanche after posing for a picture atop Switzerland’s 4,063m Obergabelhorn taken by fellow policeman John Lucas, 40 last July.
Snow has resulted in the earliest ski opening in the Pacific Northwest since Nov. 5, 1994.
Hualapai Plan January 2006 Dedication of Glass Bottomed Grand Canyon Skywalk 4,000 Feet Above the Canyon Floor
A press release indicates the Hualapai plan to dedicate a glass bottomed walk jutting 70 over the Grand Canyon and 4,000 feet above the canyon floor in January 2006.