- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: General
This isn’t highpoint-related but it’s pretty funny (although of course it was never a real ad).
In watching the Tosh.O marathon on Comedy Central it’s time to resurrect this classic video of what not to do on the summit. Tosh’s joke was “I hope the Luna bars weren’t in the bag. When do we start eatting … Continue reading
Here’s an eye opening article on how many western highpoints are named for geologists/surveyor:
A Chinese and University of Utah study identifies that genes that allows Tibetans to live at high altitude. The study says that Tibetans produce less hemoglobin which ferries oxygen molecules through the bloodstream however more hemoglobin also increase blood thickness. … Continue reading
The 50/50 Club has been set up for those wishing to either run a marathon or climb the highest point in each state. Shane Zumpf of Laramie, Wyoming has set up the site.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch and other newspapers are being surprised by Ameren’s P.R. push following the Taum Sauk disaster with the airing of “A New Beginning: Johnson’s Shut-ins State Park”
The road to Mount Greylock is closed and scheduled to reopen in 2009. You can get updates on the official site which notes:
The State of Kentucky has taken over the Kentucky Coal Museum in Benham which is where waivers to climb Black Mountain had been housed and the state of Kentucky does not want to handle them. You now must mail the … Continue reading
I’ve fallen behind on posts. Here’s some uncharacterized links.
Maintoday has an amusing article Harry Vanderweide a rotound character who is frequently evoked in various Maine battles.