- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: General
This isn’t highpoint-related but it’s pretty funny (although of course it was never a real ad).
In watching the Tosh.O marathon on Comedy Central it’s time to resurrect this classic video of what not to do on the summit. Tosh’s joke was “I hope the Luna bars weren’t in the bag. When do we start eatting … Continue reading
Here’s an eye opening article on how many western highpoints are named for geologists/surveyor:
A Chinese and University of Utah study identifies that genes that allows Tibetans to live at high altitude. The study says that Tibetans produce less hemoglobin which ferries oxygen molecules through the bloodstream however more hemoglobin also increase blood thickness. … Continue reading
The 50/50 Club has been set up for those wishing to either run a marathon or climb the highest point in each state. Shane Zumpf of Laramie, Wyoming has set up the site.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch and other newspapers are being surprised by Ameren’s P.R. push following the Taum Sauk disaster with the airing of “A New Beginning: Johnson’s Shut-ins State Park”
The road to Mount Greylock is closed and scheduled to reopen in 2009. You can get updates on the official site which notes:
The State of Kentucky has taken over the Kentucky Coal Museum in Benham which is where waivers to climb Black Mountain had been housed and the state of Kentucky does not want to handle them. You now must mail the … Continue reading
I’ve fallen behind on posts. Here’s some uncharacterized links.
Maintoday has an amusing article Harry Vanderweide a rotound character who is frequently evoked in various Maine battles.