- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Fatal
Mosnews reports four are feared to have died in an avalanche on 14,800-foot Mount Belukha in southern Russia
KGW reports a 23-year-old college student fellow 700 feet while returning to the trail after a climb of Three-Fingered Jack in Linn County, Oregon.
WCCO reports Nick Masciopinto of Minneapolis fell while descending Thunder Mountain near Juneau, Alaska.
Civil.de reports two Georgian climbers from a Georgian-Dutch expedition perished on the 4,710-meter Ushba mountain in GeorgiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Caucasus Mountains.
The AP reports there have been 6 water/snowmelt fatalities in Sequoia National Park following the record snows this winter.
KVIPost reports three people died while climbing Ukraine’s highest point Hoverla to celebrate the 15th anniversary of this ex-Soviet republic’s declaration of sovereignty.
Heat was blamed for hiking fatalities in the Grand Canyon and Lake Powell
The Houston Chronicle reports a woman fell 100 feet while attempting to cross from McKelligon Canyon Park to the Franklin Mountains by El Paso.
Two Mountaineers instructors were killed on Sharkfin Tower in the North Cascades — the worst accident in the Club’s history.
CTV reports Gregg Belliveau fell nearly 400 feet while hiking Mount Smuts in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park in Alberta.