- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Fatal
The Billings Gazette reports the body of a hiker climbing Granite was found in a canyon about 3 miles from Mystic Lake.
Sootoday reports Victor Rossokhaty was killed by a lightning strike on their tent at Topaz Lake on the La Cloche Silhouette Trail in the Killarney Provincial Park in Canada.
The Tribune reports Jefferson Adam Bruckner fell between 50 and 80 feet from a ledge on Bishop Peak in California.
The BBC reports Robin Cook collapsed on the 2,365 foot Ben Stack in Scotland.
Longmontfyi reports the body of the first climbing ranger to perish on active duty in Rocky Mountain National Park has been found near Spectacle Lakes, southeast of Ypsilon Mountain.
Banffcragcanyon reports two Europeans were killed in an avalanche on Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
JHZone reports Sandra Edmiston, 22, fell 60 feet during a rappel down Rodeo Wall in Snake River Canyon in Wyoming.
Chintan Chokshi, 24, was swept 300 feet over Yosemite’s Vernal Fall after jumping a fence.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports a Scout leader was killed in a lightning strike at 10,500 feet on Mount Whitney.
Iranmania reports Turkey will prosecure Iranian climbers after one of the party was killed on Mount Ararat.