- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Fatal
Newsday reports Adam Barnes, 24, fell 100 feet at Sleeping Giant State Park near Hamden, CT.
Arizona Central reports Shelley Windsor, 31, of Mesa died last Saturday after falling more than 90 feet from a canyon wall at Paradise Forks, a popular climbing area 30 miles west of Flagstaff.
Wire services report Josef Alois Kasbaure, a 38-year-old radiologist from Wange, Germany, fell about 200 meters (650 feet) into a crevasse on Oct. 27 at an elevation of 6,600 meters (21,650 feet), while climbing 7,134-meter (23,400-foot) Mount Tilicho in Nepal.
KOIN reports Curtis Charles Meister fell 100-150 feet to his death on Goat Mountain, outside Estacada, Oregon. The friends said they were all hiking when Meister said he wanted to climb down the cliff. He lost his grip and fell … Continue reading
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports Carl Warren Skoog, 46, said to be one of the world’s best backcountry ski photographers died while descending the steep southern face of 22,210-foot Mount Mercedario in the Argentine Andes.
Police are investigating the mystery 200 foot plunge from a bridge of a father and son at Yellowstone.
WLNS reports Debra Murray fell 30 feet while hiking in Canyon Falls Park in Baraga County in Michigan.
The AP reports a soloist on Yosemite’s Half Dome was the park’s sixth fatality this season.
Various sources report Steven Lynch, 54, died from hypothermia while climbing in the Alaska range.
Sify reports six soldiers from India were swept away in an avalanche on 7,163 metre high Chaukhamba.