- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Fatal
International backcountry accident wrap up:
2006-02-22 Backcountry Accidents in California, Colorado, Oregon, Virginia, Washington, Australia, Spain
Accident reports as of February 22, 2006
Luis de Carlos, 60, from Naremburn in Sydney’s north, is believed to have blown off the Lanin volcano, near the border of Chile and Argentina in the Patagonian region.
A climber abseiling down Tower Ridge approach to Ben Nevis was killed after falling 100 feet.
Climbers have discovered the skeletel remains of a hiker belived lost on Mount Cook in the 1980s.
Avalanches killed seven Czech tourists Saturday in Slovakia’s highest mountain range and a German man on a snowshoe tour a day earlier in Switzerland, officials said.
New Year’s Day avalanche killed two snowmobilers near Rocky Mountain National Park, officials said.
Patrick D. Niedringhaus, 18, was killed in an avalanche between Fourteeners Torreys Peak and Grays Peak.
SeattlePI reports Rev. Santos Teixeira fell 400 feet from Moro Rock in Sequoia National Park.
WNEP reports Sarae Rinker, 18, was killed when a boulder she was climbing shifted at Hawk Mountain Sanctuary in Berks County, Pennsylvania. Rinker was pinned for more than three hours.