- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Everest
Webindia reports Slovenian Marko Lihteneker apparently died while descending from Everest.
Everest News reports Sumbu Sherpa, working for the Spanish Ã¢â‚¬Å“Al FiloÃ¢â‚¬Â team, died in Makalu WestÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s BC (5400m) apparently from high altitude pulmonary edema.
Mounteverest.net reports Ed Viesturs summited Annapurna and became the first American to summit all 14 8,000+ metre peaks. Only 12 climbers have done all 14. Viesturs summited all without supplementary O2 — something only five other climbers have done.
smh.com reports blind Australian Gerrad Gossens halted his Everest climb after falling into a creavasse his guide did not warn him about.
EverestNews reports an avalanche injured 5 climbers Ã¢â‚¬â€œ including one without a permit Ã¢â‚¬â€œ and flattened 60 to 70 tents at Camp 1 on Everest.
Newswatch50 reports an Oswego, NY, man on a charity climb Everest for his mother fell into a crevasse.
The Herald reports Sean Egan, 63, of Ottawa had a heart attack while leading an Everest expedition in hopes of becoming the oldest Canadian to climb the mountain.
China News reports a weather station has erected on Dongrongbu Glacier at 6,500 meters on Mount Everest (Qomolangma) and it will be monitored until October. The station will continue to collect data which will be retrieved when climbing season resumes … Continue reading
Webindia reports four climbers in five days have died descending Mt Pumori, which means ‘the Unmarried One’, the 7,161 m peak lying next to Mt Everest.
The climbing community was taken aback by early reports that two Russian Everest climbers had been injured by a Maoist car bomb in Nepal. Although the Russians were indeed injured they were identified later as just trekkers. They are being … Continue reading