- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Europe
Prague Monitor reports winter climbers in the Czech Republic can pay $52 to guarantee helicopter rescues.
Sur le fil des 4000 (France), directed by Gilles Chappez, follows climbers Patrick Berhault and Philippe Magnin as they attempt to climb all 82 summits in the Alps topping 4000 metres won the top award at the Banff Festival.
Spiegel Online reports that Islamic Fundamentalist Camps are making climbing Elbrus hazardous.
Itar-Tass reports rescuers have abandoned their attempts to rescue two Polish climbers who fell in a crevasse on Mount Ushba in Russia’s Kabardin-Balkar republic near Elbrus.
The BBC reports Robin Cook collapsed on the 2,365 foot Ben Stack in Scotland.
Civil.de reports two Georgian climbers from a Georgian-Dutch expedition perished on the 4,710-meter Ushba mountain in GeorgiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Caucasus Mountains.
Various reports indicate five people died in recent accidents in the Alps including 3 fatalities on Mont Blanc and Eiger.
KVIPost reports three people died while climbing Ukraine’s highest point Hoverla to celebrate the 15th anniversary of this ex-Soviet republic’s declaration of sovereignty.
The Daily Dispatch reports Stephen Gough, 46, the naked rambler who walked end to end in Britain in 2003/04 is planning a repeat performance but this time will be accompanied by 33-year-old girlfriend Melanie Roberts and a librarian who does … Continue reading
Panamerian.net reports 170,000 people are to form a living chair around Armenia’s highest point — Aragats.