- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Europe
Prague Monitor reports winter climbers in the Czech Republic can pay $52 to guarantee helicopter rescues.
Sur le fil des 4000 (France), directed by Gilles Chappez, follows climbers Patrick Berhault and Philippe Magnin as they attempt to climb all 82 summits in the Alps topping 4000 metres won the top award at the Banff Festival.
Spiegel Online reports that Islamic Fundamentalist Camps are making climbing Elbrus hazardous.
Itar-Tass reports rescuers have abandoned their attempts to rescue two Polish climbers who fell in a crevasse on Mount Ushba in Russia’s Kabardin-Balkar republic near Elbrus.
The BBC reports Robin Cook collapsed on the 2,365 foot Ben Stack in Scotland.
Civil.de reports two Georgian climbers from a Georgian-Dutch expedition perished on the 4,710-meter Ushba mountain in GeorgiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Caucasus Mountains.
Various reports indicate five people died in recent accidents in the Alps including 3 fatalities on Mont Blanc and Eiger.
KVIPost reports three people died while climbing Ukraine’s highest point Hoverla to celebrate the 15th anniversary of this ex-Soviet republic’s declaration of sovereignty.
The Daily Dispatch reports Stephen Gough, 46, the naked rambler who walked end to end in Britain in 2003/04 is planning a repeat performance but this time will be accompanied by 33-year-old girlfriend Melanie Roberts and a librarian who does … Continue reading
Panamerian.net reports 170,000 people are to form a living chair around Armenia’s highest point — Aragats.