- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Europe
Backcountry accident reports on the wires on February 16, 2006.
The alpinist and writer Pierre Chapoutot has been killed by an avalanche on the crÃƒÂªte de Lachat in the LauziÃƒÂ¨re range close to the ski resort of Valmorel. A climber of considerable repute he had opened a number of routes … Continue reading
Sarah Kathleen Ball died in a fall while ice climbing Acheronte waterfall in the Italian Alps.
A climber abseiling down Tower Ridge approach to Ben Nevis was killed after falling 100 feet.
Avalanches killed seven Czech tourists Saturday in Slovakia’s highest mountain range and a German man on a snowshoe tour a day earlier in Switzerland, officials said.
Two climbers and two skiers died in the French Alps on Sunday in a weekend with high avalanche risk, said rescue services. Two others were still missing.
Manslaughter charges have been brought against Out There Trekking of Britain in connection with the fatality six years ago of Michael Matthews on Everest.
Robin Kevan, 60, of Llanwrtyd Wells in Powys, reached Snowdon’s 3,560ft summit armed with bin liners and a litter stick because he feared it might have a similar problem to Ben Nevis, Scotland’s 4,406ft peak, where he recently collected six … Continue reading
The Independent reports 60-year-old Welshman Robin Kevan has earned the title of “Rob the Rubbish” for his untiring efforts to clean up Ben Nevis.
The Mirror reports Chris Baybutt, 46, was killed in an avalanche after posing for a picture atop Switzerland’s 4,063m Obergabelhorn taken by fellow policeman John Lucas, 40 last July.