- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Dogs
DogFriendly.com has once again ranked cities in the United States and Canada to determine its newest list of the Top 10 Best Dog-Friendly Cities to Visit for 2005. This year we are doing something a little different from previous years. … Continue reading
KOIN reports the 3rd incident in for years where a dog had to be rescued in Zig Zag Canyon on Mount Hood.
The Arizona Daily Sun reports Harold Fish has been charged again for the second-degree murder of unarmed Grant Kuenzli following a dog confrontration on a trail near Payson, Arizona
The Dallas News reports Jeff Robinson and his boxer dog Walker have started a 1,336 mile journey from Galveston, Texas, to the summit of Mount Elbert and the on to Denver.
Arizona Central reports prosecutors have refiled the second degree murder charges against Harold Fish who is accused of shooting an unarmed hiker in a dog confrontation at a Coconino County trailhead near Payson this spring.
Azcentral reports a judge has thrown out the murder charge against a man who killed another hiker in a dispute over dogs on a trail in Coconino County.
The Olympian reports Natalie Ann Chambers fell 350 feet after attempting to rescue her dog who had fallen on the trail near Mud Mountain Dam. She fell onto the ledge with her dog 15 feet below the trail before falling … Continue reading
Whitney Author Paul Richins has an article in the Sacramento Bee on circumnavigating Whitney in the Winter with his dog.
The Anchorage Daily News reports a moose on the Denali Highway stomped to death the lead dog of an Iditarod musher. Ramey Smyth’s as he zipped the dog into his sled basket with the early evening fading into a 50 … Continue reading
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that some hikers are removing $165 tracking collars from hunters dogs. The hikers think the collars are shock collars aimed at hurting the dogs. North Carolina law say on public lands it is illegal to interfere … Continue reading