- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Dogs
The Atlantic reports that Rupee, the “slumdog mountaineer”, that reports had said summited Everest actually only visited base camp where several dogs have gone before.
Lucy, a 4-year-old dog, climbed Mount Washington in six hours on Aug. 18 despite being in a “walking wheelchair.”
Benjamin Wetherby, caretaker for lodges in Vermont’s Green Mountain National Forest on Mount Mansfield, plans to hike the 25-mile Adirondack Great Range loop with his Australian cattle dog, Jadis, and friend, Michael DelSignore on Septmeber 11. The Great Range loop … Continue reading
Backcountry Accidents in Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah
Here’s the May 13, 2006 round up of backcountry accidents Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah.
The Grant Kuenzili case in Arizona where he was killed in a dog altercation is in a sensation trial there.
Backcountry Accidents: Helicopter Rescue of Dog and Hikers in California, AT Accident in Maryland, Fatal Fall in Illinois
Here’s a round up of backcountry accidents in California, Maryland and Illinois.
Mount LeConte Lodge With Pigeon Forge Below Originally uploaded by americasroof. The Washington Post has this advice on dogs in the Smokies. The national park does allow dogs in campgrounds, picnic areas and along roads, including scenic overlooks — but … Continue reading
WATE reports Smoky Mountains ranger rappelled into a 70-foot sinkhole to rescue a lost hunting dogs near Cades Cove.
The New York Times reports that a formal Dallas study shows that dogs reduced stress for heart patients by 24 percent.
WCF Courier reports an early early avalanche on Mines Peak in Colorado killed Samuel Teetzen of Littleton, CO, and his pet golden retriever.