- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Controversies
The National Park Service has backed off on a proposal to permit advertising in the parks. However, the Parks are facing budget cuts and so are increasing fees.
Snowmobilers are calling for the resignation of John Sacklin is Yellowstone’s lead planner on the winter-use environmental study that examines the effects of snowmobiles in the park after he forwarded a snowmobile joke to them.
The NPS is proposing guidelines that would trails to be renamed by sponsors according to Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility.
Private property access restrictions to Colorado Fourteeners made the front page of the New York Times on Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005.
A Canadian company is seeking to build the world’s largest telescope — the size of a football field — on Mauna Kea.
Everestnews is reporting that the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal has said the pilot of the Eurocopter has told them that he did not actually land on the Everest summit on May 14 and 15 as widely publicized but rather … Continue reading
Students Occupy University of Hawaii President's Office to Protest Secret Navy Installation on Mauna Kea
KHON reports the University of Hawaii’s President’s Office in Bachman Hall has been occupied by first time since 1969 by protesting students — who object to the university’s connections to the Navy which they say include classified facilities on Mauna … Continue reading
The Casper Tribune reports Devils Tower National Park Superintendent Lisa Eckert has off the idea of giving the Devil’s Tower National Monument the added designation of Bear Lodge Historic Landmark after Wyoming’s Congressional delegation objected. Devil’s Tower was the first … Continue reading
The HeraldNet reports an exhibit at the Mukilteo Light Station shows the actual 1855 Point Elliott Treaty signed with 82 “X” mark signatures from Indian Chiefs in which they gave Mount Hood and Mount Rainier to the white men. The … Continue reading