- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Controversies
The National Park Service has backed off on a proposal to permit advertising in the parks. However, the Parks are facing budget cuts and so are increasing fees.
Snowmobilers are calling for the resignation of John Sacklin is Yellowstone’s lead planner on the winter-use environmental study that examines the effects of snowmobiles in the park after he forwarded a snowmobile joke to them.
The NPS is proposing guidelines that would trails to be renamed by sponsors according to Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility.
Private property access restrictions to Colorado Fourteeners made the front page of the New York Times on Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005.
A Canadian company is seeking to build the world’s largest telescope — the size of a football field — on Mauna Kea.
Everestnews is reporting that the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal has said the pilot of the Eurocopter has told them that he did not actually land on the Everest summit on May 14 and 15 as widely publicized but rather … Continue reading
Students Occupy University of Hawaii President's Office to Protest Secret Navy Installation on Mauna Kea
KHON reports the University of Hawaii’s President’s Office in Bachman Hall has been occupied by first time since 1969 by protesting students — who object to the university’s connections to the Navy which they say include classified facilities on Mauna … Continue reading
The Casper Tribune reports Devils Tower National Park Superintendent Lisa Eckert has off the idea of giving the Devil’s Tower National Monument the added designation of Bear Lodge Historic Landmark after Wyoming’s Congressional delegation objected. Devil’s Tower was the first … Continue reading
The HeraldNet reports an exhibit at the Mukilteo Light Station shows the actual 1855 Point Elliott Treaty signed with 82 “X” mark signatures from Indian Chiefs in which they gave Mount Hood and Mount Rainier to the white men. The … Continue reading