- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Colorado
The Chieftan reports county officials near Mount Elbert are upset over national security designation of the dam at the Twin Lakes pumped storage electric station just south of Colorado’s highest point.
The Montrose Press reports a climber fell nearly 60 feet into Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park as he was ascending the Escape Artist route on the North Rim wall when he fell and was left suspended in his … Continue reading
Longmontfyi reports the body of the first climbing ranger to perish on active duty in Rocky Mountain National Park has been found near Spectacle Lakes, southeast of Ypsilon Mountain.
Walter R. Borneman & Todd Caudle have a new book on Colorado Fourteeners:: 14,000 Feet: A Celebration of Colorado’s Highest Mountains.
A wire report indicates Colorado is considering charging hikers for rescues.
The AP reports that four additional Colorado Fourteeners have been called off limits because of private property issues.
The Aspen Times Kip White who was roped with his son on Maroon Bells had a fatal fall.
The Denver Post reports rescue crews had to brave lightning and snow to rescue a 65-year-old injured Marty Eisenberg while glissading down Quandry Peak.
The Daily Camera reports an accident in Boulder Canyon where a climber properly equipped died and an accident on Mount Sanitas where an unproperly hiker fell 30 feet to the trailhead.
Spatial News reports the USGS has issued it first list of 169 U.S. volcanoes that need to be monitored through its National Volcano Early Warning System (NVEWS) .