- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Colorado
The Chieftan reports county officials near Mount Elbert are upset over national security designation of the dam at the Twin Lakes pumped storage electric station just south of Colorado’s highest point.
The Montrose Press reports a climber fell nearly 60 feet into Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park as he was ascending the Escape Artist route on the North Rim wall when he fell and was left suspended in his … Continue reading
Longmontfyi reports the body of the first climbing ranger to perish on active duty in Rocky Mountain National Park has been found near Spectacle Lakes, southeast of Ypsilon Mountain.
Walter R. Borneman & Todd Caudle have a new book on Colorado Fourteeners:: 14,000 Feet: A Celebration of Colorado’s Highest Mountains.
A wire report indicates Colorado is considering charging hikers for rescues.
The AP reports that four additional Colorado Fourteeners have been called off limits because of private property issues.
The Aspen Times Kip White who was roped with his son on Maroon Bells had a fatal fall.
The Denver Post reports rescue crews had to brave lightning and snow to rescue a 65-year-old injured Marty Eisenberg while glissading down Quandry Peak.
The Daily Camera reports an accident in Boulder Canyon where a climber properly equipped died and an accident on Mount Sanitas where an unproperly hiker fell 30 feet to the trailhead.
Spatial News reports the USGS has issued it first list of 169 U.S. volcanoes that need to be monitored through its National Volcano Early Warning System (NVEWS) .