- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Colorado
Solarresidences is offering a package to climb Elbert for $650. The weeklong package includes two fitness classes, personal oxygen canister, a Camelback hydration pack and a commemorative book, 14,000 Feet: A Celebration of Colorado’s Highest Mountains. Or course you can … Continue reading
A woman had petitioned to rename East Sopris on Mount Sopris for the singer John Denver in Colorado. Renaming the near 13′er was reportedly opposed by 74 percent of the people in Aspen and Carbondale.
Here’s an unusual tale of the impact on Corbin Mabon of finding the body of climber Jeff Rosinski who fell to death on Longs Peak on July16. Mabon never knew or met Rosinski but went to his home town following … Continue reading
Rex Jones has climbed Mount Elbert 101 times.
Volunteers Sought for Relocated Continental Divide National Scenic Trail Linking Monarch Pass and Mount Elbert
Volunteers are being sought to construct new Continental Divide National Scenic Trail relocation as part of a major 50-mile relocation to create a nonmotorized route linking Mount Elbert to Monarch Pass.
We earlier reported on a move to charge for access to 14ers in the Sangre de Cristos. Now Rocky Mountain National Park is considering charging for access to Longs Peak. The Park now charges $20 for access through the main … Continue reading
Christy Mahon from Aspen is the first woman to ski all 54 Colorado 14ers completing on Capitol Peak on May 17. Here’s her Elbert report from her webage .
The Forest Service has begun a process to charge hikers and backpackers $10 per person, per trip to hike and $20 to camp, in heavily used South Colony Basin in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in Colorado. The is the … Continue reading
This should be no surprise for those who have climbed it. Dan England reports it is one of easiest 14ers. He recommends that you should it in June on after the snow has cleared.
News reports indicate that 28-year-old Justin Eggleston was struck in the head by lightning about 2:40 p.m., Sunday, Aug 15 while coming off Mount Elbert.