- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Colorado
Colorado Governor Formally Proclaims Mount Elbert to Be Called Mount Peyton Manning on Super Bowl Sunday
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper has formally renamed Mount Elbert Mount Peyton Manning on Super Bowl. Never mind what’s legal per the formal renaming process. THis is what’s fun. Below is the full declaration:
Solarresidences is offering a package to climb Elbert for $650. The weeklong package includes two fitness classes, personal oxygen canister, a Camelback hydration pack and a commemorative book, 14,000 Feet: A Celebration of Colorado’s Highest Mountains. Or course you can … Continue reading
A woman had petitioned to rename East Sopris on Mount Sopris for the singer John Denver in Colorado. Renaming the near 13′er was reportedly opposed by 74 percent of the people in Aspen and Carbondale.
Here’s an unusual tale of the impact on Corbin Mabon of finding the body of climber Jeff Rosinski who fell to death on Longs Peak on July16. Mabon never knew or met Rosinski but went to his home town following … Continue reading
Rex Jones has climbed Mount Elbert 101 times.
Volunteers Sought for Relocated Continental Divide National Scenic Trail Linking Monarch Pass and Mount Elbert
Volunteers are being sought to construct new Continental Divide National Scenic Trail relocation as part of a major 50-mile relocation to create a nonmotorized route linking Mount Elbert to Monarch Pass.
We earlier reported on a move to charge for access to 14ers in the Sangre de Cristos. Now Rocky Mountain National Park is considering charging for access to Longs Peak. The Park now charges $20 for access through the main … Continue reading
Christy Mahon from Aspen is the first woman to ski all 54 Colorado 14ers completing on Capitol Peak on May 17. Here’s her Elbert report from her webage .
The Forest Service has begun a process to charge hikers and backpackers $10 per person, per trip to hike and $20 to camp, in heavily used South Colony Basin in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in Colorado. The is the … Continue reading
This should be no surprise for those who have climbed it. Dan England reports it is one of easiest 14ers. He recommends that you should it in June on after the snow has cleared.