- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Canada
Sootoday reports Victor Rossokhaty was killed by a lightning strike on their tent at Topaz Lake on the La Cloche Silhouette Trail in the Killarney Provincial Park in Canada.
Banffcragcanyon reports two Europeans were killed in an avalanche on Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
Official at Spray Lakes Provincial Park are trying to figure out why an off trail couple died while hiking Old Goat Glacier.
CTV reports Gregg Belliveau fell nearly 400 feet while hiking Mount Smuts in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park in Alberta.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have put up a coloring book urging children to hug a tree to survive — in other words stay in one place until rescuers come.
CBC reports Geronimo Dagang fell 1,000 feet from a rock face in Alberta’s Jasper National Park Endless Chain Ridge.
CBC reports Jessica Aulik who at 17 was the youngest to climb Canada’s Mount Logan was killed in an avalanche on the east ridge during a climb on May 31.
CTV reports a grizzly killed a woman in a tree on Bench Trail in Canmore, Alberta.
The Robson Valley Times reports a 21-year-old solo climber had a fatal fall on Mount Robson in Canada.
FFTimes reports Lyle Simpson survived a grizzly attack when used a martial arts kick to the bear’s face near the Whispering Pines Bible camp in Alberta.