- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Canada
In just wondering around the internet we discovered this wonderful site by Jonathan Esper with spectacular photos of Canadian, European and American highpoints. It’s even in the highpointers ring! We were searching after John Mitchler, newsletter editor of the Apex … Continue reading
The governors of Maine and New Brunswick, Canada, have agreed to climb each other’s highpoints in 2008 according to Mainteoday.
Charlie Borgh, a former climbing ranger at Mount Rainier, died in an avalanche in the Canadian Rockies.
International backcountry accident wrap up:
Backcountry accident reports on the wires on February 16, 2006.
Backcountry accident reports through February 14, 2006.
Much of Brokeback Mountain is set in Riverton, Wyoming, gateway to the Wind River Range and Gannett Peak.
Sur le fil des 4000 (France), directed by Gilles Chappez, follows climbers Patrick Berhault and Philippe Magnin as they attempt to climb all 82 summits in the Alps topping 4000 metres won the top award at the Banff Festival.
The Globe and Mail reports a grizzly with a sow attacked hikers on a trail in Banff.