- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: California
Canton, Ohio, doesn’t like how Arcata, California, is treating its statue of William McKinley.
A judge has thrown out the lawsuit that Yosemite was responsible for a fatal rock slide. Below is the original September 14, 2005, post: Superclimb reports climbers fear a $20 million wrongful death suit against Yosemite will end the sport … Continue reading
SeattlePI reports Rev. Santos Teixeira fell 400 feet from Moro Rock in Sequoia National Park.
The Port Townsend Leader reports that only 50 people completed the 2,658-mile trail Pacific Crest Trail in 2005 thanks largely to heavy snowpack which closed many of the passes in the Sierras.
News10 reports climbers near the summit of 13,710-foot Mount Mendel in Kings Canyon National Park found the head and shoulder of a man protruding from the ice at the base of a glacier and it is believed he is the … Continue reading
Time Magazine has a short blurb on Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald who got a Grand Jury indictment of Vice President Cheney’s Chief of Staff.
The AP reports a soloist on Yosemite’s Half Dome was the park’s sixth fatality this season.
Objections have been raised to a 27-luxury home development on the Whitney Portal Road 4.5 miles west of Lone Pine.
NBC San Diego reports two people died in Separate water-related accidents Yosemite National Park last week.
The Tribune reports Jefferson Adam Bruckner fell between 50 and 80 feet from a ledge on Bishop Peak in California.