- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: California
Canton, Ohio, doesn’t like how Arcata, California, is treating its statue of William McKinley.
A judge has thrown out the lawsuit that Yosemite was responsible for a fatal rock slide. Below is the original September 14, 2005, post: Superclimb reports climbers fear a $20 million wrongful death suit against Yosemite will end the sport … Continue reading
SeattlePI reports Rev. Santos Teixeira fell 400 feet from Moro Rock in Sequoia National Park.
The Port Townsend Leader reports that only 50 people completed the 2,658-mile trail Pacific Crest Trail in 2005 thanks largely to heavy snowpack which closed many of the passes in the Sierras.
News10 reports climbers near the summit of 13,710-foot Mount Mendel in Kings Canyon National Park found the head and shoulder of a man protruding from the ice at the base of a glacier and it is believed he is the … Continue reading
Time Magazine has a short blurb on Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald who got a Grand Jury indictment of Vice President Cheney’s Chief of Staff.
The AP reports a soloist on Yosemite’s Half Dome was the park’s sixth fatality this season.
Objections have been raised to a 27-luxury home development on the Whitney Portal Road 4.5 miles west of Lone Pine.
NBC San Diego reports two people died in Separate water-related accidents Yosemite National Park last week.
The Tribune reports Jefferson Adam Bruckner fell between 50 and 80 feet from a ledge on Bishop Peak in California.