- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: California
Lost hikers in San Jacinto Mountains in California stumbled upon the campsite of a hiker missing for a year and his equipment is believed to have spared their lives.
Backcountry Accidents: Helicopter Rescue of Dog and Hikers in California, AT Accident in Maryland, Fatal Fall in Illinois
Here’s a round up of backcountry accidents in California, Maryland and Illinois.
Three Cub Scouts reunited after getting lost in state park Napa Valley Register – Napa,CA,USA By MARSHA DORGAN, Register Staff Writer. Three Cub Scouts were reunited with their troop after being lost for about an hour and half in Robert … Continue reading
Backcountry Accident Reports at February 24, 2006
2006-02-22 Backcountry Accidents in California, Colorado, Oregon, Virginia, Washington, Australia, Spain
Accident reports as of February 22, 2006
Backcountry accident reports through February 14, 2006.
Canton, Ohio, doesn’t like how Arcata, California, is treating its statue of William McKinley.
A judge has thrown out the lawsuit that Yosemite was responsible for a fatal rock slide. Below is the original September 14, 2005, post: Superclimb reports climbers fear a $20 million wrongful death suit against Yosemite will end the sport … Continue reading