- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: California
MILE…MILE & A HALF (trailer) from The Muir Project on Vimeo. A very nice nice documentary on hiking the John Muir Trail is out (Mile…Mile & A Half).
Fleeting Light: The High Desert and the Geminid Meteor Shower from Henry Jun Wah Lee on Vimeo. The Geminid Meteor shower is tonight. Here’s a time lapse from last year in the Alabama Hills by Mount Whitney.
The Huffington Post in an interview with Jonathan Goldsmith who plays “the most interesting man in the world” describes his real world exploits says “he has “saved a hiker’s life during a blizzard on Mount Whitney.” Unfortunately there’s no details … Continue reading
Seven year old Tyler Armstrong climbed Whitney in 7 hours, 50 minutes. This has set off discussions about the youngest to day trip Whitney with some claiming kids as young as five have done it.
Here’s a story about the helicopters that landed army personnel on the Whitney trail after a flash flood stranded 60 hikers on July 29. The hikers and army personnel eventually were able to hike out (although there was one hypothermia … Continue reading
Here’s an amusing tale of a woman trying to find Mount Whitney on Google maps on her iphone. Since Apple today surpassed Exxon as the world’s largest company in terms of market capitalization this is obviously proof the company can … Continue reading
This report seems to be somewhat ambiguous on the details but a couple who were injured on Whitney are blaming the park service for not properly signing the dangers.
A record number of 14 people have died in Yosemite accidents this year.
Here’s an amazing time lapse video of Cottonwood Lakes to Whitney. I have no idea how they could keep that camera so steady!