- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: California
MILE…MILE & A HALF (trailer) from The Muir Project on Vimeo. A very nice nice documentary on hiking the John Muir Trail is out (Mile…Mile & A Half).
Fleeting Light: The High Desert and the Geminid Meteor Shower from Henry Jun Wah Lee on Vimeo. The Geminid Meteor shower is tonight. Here’s a time lapse from last year in the Alabama Hills by Mount Whitney.
The Huffington Post in an interview with Jonathan Goldsmith who plays “the most interesting man in the world” describes his real world exploits says “he has “saved a hiker’s life during a blizzard on Mount Whitney.” Unfortunately there’s no details … Continue reading
Seven year old Tyler Armstrong climbed Whitney in 7 hours, 50 minutes. This has set off discussions about the youngest to day trip Whitney with some claiming kids as young as five have done it.
Here’s a story about the helicopters that landed army personnel on the Whitney trail after a flash flood stranded 60 hikers on July 29. The hikers and army personnel eventually were able to hike out (although there was one hypothermia … Continue reading
Here’s an amusing tale of a woman trying to find Mount Whitney on Google maps on her iphone. Since Apple today surpassed Exxon as the world’s largest company in terms of market capitalization this is obviously proof the company can … Continue reading
This report seems to be somewhat ambiguous on the details but a couple who were injured on Whitney are blaming the park service for not properly signing the dangers.
A record number of 14 people have died in Yosemite accidents this year.
Here’s an amazing time lapse video of Cottonwood Lakes to Whitney. I have no idea how they could keep that camera so steady!