- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: British Isles
Manslaughter charges have been brought against Out There Trekking of Britain in connection with the fatality six years ago of Michael Matthews on Everest.
Robin Kevan, 60, of Llanwrtyd Wells in Powys, reached Snowdon’s 3,560ft summit armed with bin liners and a litter stick because he feared it might have a similar problem to Ben Nevis, Scotland’s 4,406ft peak, where he recently collected six … Continue reading
The Independent reports 60-year-old Welshman Robin Kevan has earned the title of “Rob the Rubbish” for his untiring efforts to clean up Ben Nevis.
The BBC reports Robin Cook collapsed on the 2,365 foot Ben Stack in Scotland.
The Daily Dispatch reports Stephen Gough, 46, the naked rambler who walked end to end in Britain in 2003/04 is planning a repeat performance but this time will be accompanied by 33-year-old girlfriend Melanie Roberts and a librarian who does … Continue reading
Evening News reports Amy Rudge, 29, from the Shawlands area of Glasgow, fell about 500 feet in the Aonach Beag area of Ben Nevis.
ICWales reports climbing instructor John McDermott was fined Ã‚Â£1,500 after a woman was paralyzed from the waist down after belayers let go of a rope after hearing his command which was intended to the climber. Lisa Brennin was attending a … Continue reading
The BBC reports officials are unable to raise nearly $4 Million to replace the Showdon Cafe which was once labelled a “slum” by Prince Charles. The current concrete block cafe is nearly 70 years old and deteriorating. Snowdonia National Park … Continue reading
Icliverpool reports Bob Neale and Billy Rimmer on Ben Nevis were rescued in a snow by sending a text message to a man who called 999 (the European equivalent of 911). A helicopter was dispatched to Tower Ridge but had … Continue reading
Reuters reports the Czech government is offering to help pay for a fire at Chile’s most famous national park Torres del Paine in Patagonia after one of its citizen started it by kicking over a campstove. The fire burned in … Continue reading