- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: British Isles
The BBC reports on Peter Phennah and Rob Snellgrove climbing Snowdon in a horse costume for a fundraiser.
Conservationist cleaning Ben Nevis were astonished to discover a piano near the summit.
International backcountry accident wrap up:
Tributes paid to Snowdon climber BBC News – UK Tributes have been paid to an experienced climber who died after a fall of nearly 700ft (213m) on Snowdon. Donal McGrath, 61, of …
Backcountry Accident Reports at February 24, 2006
Reports on five surviving avalanches on Ben Nevis:
Backcountry accident reports through February 14, 2006.
The alpinist and writer Pierre Chapoutot has been killed by an avalanche on the crÃƒÂªte de Lachat in the LauziÃƒÂ¨re range close to the ski resort of Valmorel. A climber of considerable repute he had opened a number of routes … Continue reading
34-year-old Steve Perry, from Yorkshire, set off on the 1st of December to tackle all of Scotland’s 284 mountains standing over 3,000 feet.
A climber abseiling down Tower Ridge approach to Ben Nevis was killed after falling 100 feet.