- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: British Isles
The BBC reports on Peter Phennah and Rob Snellgrove climbing Snowdon in a horse costume for a fundraiser.
Conservationist cleaning Ben Nevis were astonished to discover a piano near the summit.
International backcountry accident wrap up:
Tributes paid to Snowdon climber BBC News – UK Tributes have been paid to an experienced climber who died after a fall of nearly 700ft (213m) on Snowdon. Donal McGrath, 61, of …
Backcountry Accident Reports at February 24, 2006
Reports on five surviving avalanches on Ben Nevis:
Backcountry accident reports through February 14, 2006.
The alpinist and writer Pierre Chapoutot has been killed by an avalanche on the crÃƒÂªte de Lachat in the LauziÃƒÂ¨re range close to the ski resort of Valmorel. A climber of considerable repute he had opened a number of routes … Continue reading
34-year-old Steve Perry, from Yorkshire, set off on the 1st of December to tackle all of Scotland’s 284 mountains standing over 3,000 feet.
A climber abseiling down Tower Ridge approach to Ben Nevis was killed after falling 100 feet.