- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Books
Andy Martin at the cohp group notes the arrival of Hiking Nevada’s County High Points
The Winston-Salem JounralNow reports on Douglas Butler’s highpointing book A Walk Across the Top of America.
The Washington Post has a review of “Forever on the Mountain” by James M. Tabor about the 1967 Mount McKinley tragedy that claimed the lives of seven men. The climbing team had come together late and was divided into two … Continue reading
Andy Martin has an updated book on county highpoints effective February 26, 2006.
The Town Times reports The Connecticut Forest and Park Association (CFPA) has released 19th edition of the Connecticut Walk Book. One of two volumes, the first to appear on the shelves is the Walk Book East covering all the trails … Continue reading
The Democrat Chronicle reports Carol White wrote a book entitled “Women With Altitude: Challenging the Adirondack High Peaks in Winter (North Country Books, $19.95).
The full text of many guidebooks including guides to highpoints is now available at print.google.com.
There are seemingly countless of books on how to climb Whitney. Here’s a sampling.
Ascend has a nifty interactive DVD taking you up the mountain.
Here’s a list of Mount McKinley books.