- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Books
“Murder on Mt. McKinley” by Charles G. Irion and Ronald J. Watkins is the latest in the installment in the Summit Murder Mystery Series.
Adrian Hendroff has a photo book on Irish highpoints – Explore Ireland’s Mountains’s Photos
Karen James has written a book “Holding Fast: The Untold Story of the Mount Hood Tragedy” about finding faith following the death of her husband Kelly James on Mount Hood in December 2006.
The “Barefoot Sisters” who hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2000 barefoot have written a couple bookss about their experiences. Lucy Letcher, 25 at the time, and her sister Susan Letcher, 21, report their story in “Southbound” (going from Katahdin to … Continue reading
This little blurb about speaking engagement for Dee Molenaar gives a chance to plug his seminal 1971 book The challenge of Rainier which is now available to read at least portion on Google books.
Mark Beaumont bicycled around the the world in a record 194 days and 17 hours in 2008. In 2009, he biked the American Cordillera – the longest mountain range on the planet. Included on the adventure were climbs of McKinley … Continue reading
Rachel Crolla passes along this information on a new highest points of Europe. Below is her press release.
Rick Brown, a Great Smoky National Park Ranger who has contributed to our forum has a book out recounting his experiences Ranger Up. You can see more on his website.
Baxter State Park ranger Andrew Vietze has a book Becoming Teddy Roosevelt: How a Maine Guide Inspired America’s 26th President about how Maine guide William Wingate Sewall helped shape Theodore Roosevelt from a clumsy boy “wearing big spectacles and weighing … Continue reading
Branch Whitney has just published a book on hiking the Southwest including state highpoints.