- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Books
Jennifer Pharr Davis Book About Her Record 46 days, 11 hours and 20 minutes Hike of the Appalachian Trail
Jennifer Pharr Davis who hiked the Appalachian Trail in 46 days, 11 hours and 20 minutes in 2011 — faster than anybody male or female — has book on the adventure Called Again: A Story of Love and Triumph
Author Janet Morgan has written a murder mystery set in Baxter State Park entitled Katahdin Drowning. The plot line follows librarian Jessie Tyler after she finds a body floating in Katahdin Stream. She of course investigates and finds out what … Continue reading
“Murder on Mt. McKinley” by Charles G. Irion and Ronald J. Watkins is the latest in the installment in the Summit Murder Mystery Series.
Adrian Hendroff has a photo book on Irish highpoints – Explore Ireland’s Mountains’s Photos
Karen James has written a book “Holding Fast: The Untold Story of the Mount Hood Tragedy” about finding faith following the death of her husband Kelly James on Mount Hood in December 2006.
The “Barefoot Sisters” who hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2000 barefoot have written a couple bookss about their experiences. Lucy Letcher, 25 at the time, and her sister Susan Letcher, 21, report their story in “Southbound” (going from Katahdin to … Continue reading
This little blurb about speaking engagement for Dee Molenaar gives a chance to plug his seminal 1971 book The challenge of Rainier which is now available to read at least portion on Google books.
Mark Beaumont bicycled around the the world in a record 194 days and 17 hours in 2008. In 2009, he biked the American Cordillera – the longest mountain range on the planet. Included on the adventure were climbs of McKinley … Continue reading
Rachel Crolla passes along this information on a new highest points of Europe. Below is her press release.
Rick Brown, a Great Smoky National Park Ranger who has contributed to our forum has a book out recounting his experiences Ranger Up. You can see more on his website.